FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
- Full refund due to COVID-19 border closures and for cancellation notice provided over 48 hours minus any credit card fees.
- 50% refund for cancellation notice provided between 24 and 48 hours.
- Nil refund for cancellation notice provided under 24 hours.
- Nil refund provided if a passenger is denied boarding due to passenger weights exceeding those quoted on booking resulting in an exceedance of aircraft maximum take-off weight.
- Full refund if cancelled due to inclement weather or operational reasons.
- If a tour has commenced and we are required to return to base due to circumstances beyond our control, no refund will be issued. This includes snap inclement weather/heavy rain.
- Any gift vouchers issued must be used within 12months of purchase and are not redeemable for cash.
WHAT PUBS DO YOU STOP AT ON A FULL DAY HELI PUB CRAWL?
Dundee Tavern, Crab Claw Island Resort, Darwin River Tavern, Goat Island Lodge, Berry Springs and the Noonamah Tavern.
CAN WE DRINK IN THE HELICOPTER?
No , unfortunately you are not able to take alcoholic drinks on board your flight.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS ON THE DAY OF OUR TOUR?
During the Wet Season, we keep a close eye on the weather and if the conditions don't allow us to fly, we may cancel your tour. We will try to reschedule where possible, and if we can't then a full refund less credit card fees will be provided.
CAN YOU GUARANTEE THAT WE WILL CATCH A FISH ON THE HELI FISHING TOUR?
Just like all fishing there are no guarantees that you will catch a fish. We do however guarantee that we will give you the best opportunity possible and we will try several land and fish sites to increase your chances on the day.
CAN WE BRING OUR OWN FISHING GEAR ON A HELI FISHING TOUR?
Yes, you are welcome to bring along your own rod, reel and tackle. Please advise at the time of booking if you intend on bringing along your own gear so we can make sure we are adequately prepared.
DO YOU PROVIDE TRANSFERS TO AND FROM ACCOMMODATION?
We can organise transfer from your accommodation to our departure points upon request.
DO YOUR FULL DAY TOURS IN INCLUDE LUNCH?
Lunch is not included on any of our tours. NAH provides light snacks and refreshments only.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN YOU TAKE ON A HELI PUB CRAWL?
We can take groups of all sizes (depending on passenger weights). If you have a large group please get in contact with our team and we can custom design a tour to your needs.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN YOU TAKE ON A HELI FISH?
We can take groups of any sie on both half day and full day Heli fishing (depending on passenger weights). please contact our team and we can custom design a tour to suit your needs.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN FIT IN A HELICOPTER?
We operate Robinson R44's which can seat 3 passengers, Robinson R66 which can seat 4 and Bell Longrangers, which can seat 6 passengers (weight limits apply).
CAN WE TAKE KIDS ON YOUR TOURS?
Yes, you most certainly can. Babies will sit on a parent's lap up until 2 years of age. After that, they will have their own seat.
2 children under the age of 13 years can share a seat if they do not exceed 77kg combined weight.
IS THERE WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS AND IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY?
If using the Robinson R44 Helicopter, there is an individual seat limit of 136kg and a combined passenger weight limit per helicopter of 270kg.
If using the Robinson R66 Helicopter, there is an individual seat limit of 136kg and a combined passenger weight limit per helicopter of 360kg.
If using the Bell Longranger, there is no individual seat limit and the combined passenger weight limit is 460kg.
It is imperative that we receive accurate weights at the time of booking as this ensures that we load the helicopters correctly in line with CASA regulations.